Monday, January 25, 2010

Feeling somewhat decent, I say what what

"So shines a good deed in a weary world" -Willy Wonka

I woke up today, feeling as usual, less than stellar. I am definitely not a morning person. I had a bizarre dream that my father-in-law punched me in the nose, and nobody cared. In fact, the rest of my family said I deserved it. Weird. Well, I was in a crummy mood upon waking, getting dressed, and driving to work.

My co-worker had a dilemma where she accidentally erased important information off of her digital recorder. I got on google, and by God's grace, I found a way to recover her data. I am certainly no tekkie but strangely I was able to help her avoid disaster. Go me!

I was thinking about life today, and what is it that gives us pleasure for the longest duration. Buying something new, getting married, having a child are all things that soon lose their luster and leave you scratching your head. Why am I not happy now? One could ask themselves. I don't believe it's about what you have, a child, husband, new car...etc. I believe it's about what you do and how you spend your time. I love my child and husband with all of my heart, but it's selfish of me to demand they become the source of my happiness. If that were so, then they couldn't ever be cranky, demanding or in a bad mood. I get irritated sometimes when I read about these women who say that their husbands are their heros or they stay miserable because they sacrifice for their children. I guarantee the children would prefer a happy mom over a miserable absentee mother. But I digress. For some reason today, I am not feeling very insightful. I must work on this mental lethargy. For now I bid adieu, adieu, parting is such sweet sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment